Friday, June 10, 2011

First!

I guess a brief introduction wouldn't hurt. Bare in mind - no clue who I'm talking to right now - this is in fact my first attempt of any kind of public composition (hereinafter referred to as "humiliation"). Hopefully, the sole purpose of this blog will NOT be just venting. Perhaps a tip or idea may appear here if I ever come across anything of the sort.

You may be asking where the name "Piece-Piece Salad" comes from and if not, I'll tell you anyway just to make this entry longer *wink*. Being a part time Czech to English translator, I am obsessed with poor translations and I must say, you'd have to go a bit further to the East to see even worse interpretations. I visit an indoor water park once every year at the end of summer. I only visit the place once a year because it's not that great an attraction considering the admission they charge. Luckily, O2 hands out coupons every year with a buy one entry, get one free discount. Anyway, sitting in the lobby and ready to leave the facility, I swung by the buffet looking to see what was on tap and noticed a nice salad bar with labels written in both Czech and English. I didn't even have to pick up a bowl, cause what I saw was a feast for my eyes and surrounding ears: Piece-Piece Salad (Czech: Salat Kus-Kus) - a verbatim translation of kus is piece but I think they were looking for cous-cous. 

So there. One down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment