Friday, July 8, 2011

Damn you sunburn

Back in elementary school when crayons were an integral part of every student's supplies, I recall my favorite colors being periwinkle and fire engine red. The latter best describes the current state of my skin *sigh*. And SPF 30 sunblock didn't help my phototype double zero cause either. So this is me officially giving up on achieving the ultimate tan. I here the cooked lobster look is popular anyway.

Shade is scarce here. I don't trust the porous umbrellas by the beach or pool anymore so it's either the hotel room or the bar by the pool. Leaving breakfast this morning, just the thought of going up the stairs to reach my room got my taste buds yourning for a cocktail. And then some.

Entering the bar I saw the everso familiar groups of loud polaks and ruskies, as well as the line of czechs by the tap - drinks are free so you have to take as many glasses as you can, or so it would seem that way. The bartender, a pakistani named Ali, quickly runs out of glasses and ice, the water cooler works off and on, ice cream is for kids only. I take my one glass and sit down by a few friends we made here. To my liking, they share my plan of doing nothing. And so we did just that.


No comments:

Post a Comment