Saturday, July 9, 2011

Is it pork, chicken or fish? Yes.

The first question I'm typically asked, when meeting someone, is "How do you like it here?" I quickly learn it's merely a simple icebreaker to get to question 2: "What do you think about the food?!" As in what the hotel buffet has to offer. To be fair, I did read the reviews. "Monotonous" seemed to be the general consensus. I don't consider myself to be a picky eater but during our stay I did stay away from some dishes, the contents of which were unidentifiable. Yesterday, however, was the proverbial last draw. After waiting a long queue, the "good stuff" was gone. So a Friday buffet lunch with salad bar turned into an all you can eat beanfest *ugh*.

Steering clear of the detached hotel canteen, our next stop, and all stops to meet our dining needs for that matter, was a local tavern. They say you can tell a good tavern by the fact that there are Greeks eating there. If you see only tourists, chances are the meal will be great, but you could probably do better. No climax today. Going for some real food...


No comments:

Post a Comment